[Tfug] bluetooth

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 21 11:49:28 MST 2007

--- George Cohn <gwcohn at simplybits.net> wrote:

> > On 2/15/07, Bexley Hall <bexley401 at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>Is anyone *actively* using bluetooth (i.e. not
> >>just *playing* with it)?
>
> I usually use Debian and found that they have a good
> set of tools for Bluetooth.
>
> I have an installation on a removable hard drive
> that I swap in and out
> of my test machine and by using info from
> <http://wiki.debian.org/BluetoothUser> I was able to
> get my blue tooth
> headset to talk to a usb blue tooth dongle on the
> machine.

Are there any tools to determine what sort of
bandwidth you are actually using?

I would assume that this is relatively low and
falls during periods of silence, etc.

Ideally, I would like to be able to set up
device(s) that take fixed portions of bandwidth
and see what happens as the number of such
devices approaches the technology's limits.
I.e. how number of nodes impacts throughput, etc.

> Apparently some of the info came from the Ubuntu
> forums so I assume that
> would work as well since it's Debian derived.

Thanks!
--don