[Tfug] distro question - x86_64

George Cohn gwcohn at simplybits.net
Wed Feb 14 18:07:39 MST 2007

Sean Warburton wrote:
> I have a 64-bit beta version of Vista Ultimate...but yeah, the drivers are
> worthless. Anything that involves the use of SLI and/or more than two
> monitors: forget about it. Wierd problems occur.

I'm taking a Windows 2003 Server class with Frank Abbott at PCC.  Don't
ask him what his opinion is of Vista!

His best guess is that it will be at least a year before PCC loads it on
their desktops and at least that long before they offer a class in it.

He loaded a  copy of it on a machine and is still trying to fix the
bugs.   ;-)

We were talking about Gates in class the other day and he mentioned an
episode where Gates told a judge, "You can't tell me how to run my
business."  Seems to me I heard that comment in the '70's from Robert
Allen of ATT right before the justice department dismantled ATT.

At my last job, it was 2002 before they replaced Windows 2000 and in
2004, they were still debating whether to install SP2 due to the
problems it caused.

When I left last year, they still hadn't deployed SP2 on all of the 4000
or so desktops.

TGFL.  (Thank God For Linux)

George Cohn