[Tfug] distro question - x86_64

Matthew Patenaude mnglfiddle at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 15:49:39 MST 2007

Thanks, that helps a lot. I appreciate the info. Does anyone know what the
latest Knoppix version is? I have been working overseas and just got back. I
didn't have a good internet connection, so all I have is Knoppix 3.7. I saw
that 4.something was on the Knoppix site with a 5.something as a *.de.iso
available. Is that only in German. I am afraid that if I use too old of a
distro it might barf at the new hardware. Any ideas?

I like Ubuntu as well. I am waiting for CDs to come in the mail. I ordered
the 6.06 stable. Is that as reliable as the previous stable Ubuntu?

Thanks again,
Matthew