[Tfug] vsftpd security

Joe Blais joe.blais at pti-instruments.com
Wed Feb 14 11:57:05 MST 2007

Hello -

Being new to Linux, and perhaps more of an idiot than not, how can I tell if
someone is doing this to one of our machines?

I have one Linux box that I use as a file server (cvs files) for
development, and a few others just for programming and testing.  We sit on
our office network, microsoft stuff, and I can see all our office servers.
My boss wanted me to make sure no one could get onto our Linux boxes and get
to the windows stuff.  Other than the firewall that came with Fedora 5 and
not being logged in as root, I'm not doing anything else.

?
Thanks
Joe