[Tfug] apache/php problem

Brian Murphy murphy+tfug at email.arizona.edu
Tue Feb 13 00:27:44 MST 2007

Quoting John Gruenenfelder <johng at as.arizona.edu>:
> I'm pretty sure it was in the right place.  At the very least, I
> hadn't put it
> in a vhost section and there is nothing in the default vhost that would
> override it.
>

> That said... I have some new information:
>
> It seems to be *mostly* working now.  My boss runs OS X and with Safari he is
> having no problems accessing the Squirrelmail login page.  When *I* try to do
> that, it still wants to give me the raw PHP.
>
> But... if I access a page other than the login page
> (i.e. http://foo/src/webmail.php) I get a proper error message from a parsed
> PHP file.  That's good.
>
> So, why not the login page?  Is it possible my browser, Firefox, is
> specifically asking for the raw file?  And why would it do so for this site
> and not the many other places where I encounter PHP?  That would mean that
> something is still wrong in the Apache config, but don't recall seeing
> anything in there that would differentiate between the two browsers.
>
> Confused...

Sounds a lot like you need to clear your firefox cache.

It is not possible for a browser to ask for the PHP raw file.  That
would be a serious security error.  The client should never see the
server side code on a properly configured server.

Brian

The opinions or statements expressed herein are my own and should not be
taken as a position, opinion, or endorsement of the University of
Arizona.