[Tfug] apache/php problem

John Gruenenfelder johng at as.arizona.edu
Mon Feb 12 20:15:26 MST 2007

On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 02:00:35AM -0700, Stephen Hooper wrote:
>Are you defining the foo in the right scope (e.g. DocumentRoot vs.
>some other place that actually needs it)?

I'm pretty sure it was in the right place.  At the very least, I hadn't put it
in a vhost section and there is nothing in the default vhost that would
override it.

That said... I have some new information:

It seems to be *mostly* working now.  My boss runs OS X and with Safari he is
having no problems accessing the Squirrelmail login page.  When *I* try to do
that, it still wants to give me the raw PHP.

But... if I access a page other than the login page
(i.e. http://foo/src/webmail.php) I get a proper error message from a parsed
PHP file.  That's good.

So, why not the login page?  Is it possible my browser, Firefox, is
specifically asking for the raw file?  And why would it do so for this site
and not the many other places where I encounter PHP?  That would mean that
something is still wrong in the Apache config, but don't recall seeing
anything in there that would differentiate between the two browsers.

Confused...

--
--John Gruenenfelder    Research Assistant, UMass Amherst student
                        Systems Manager, MKS Imaging Technology, LLC.