[Tfug] Accessing shared folder

Ronald Sutherland rsutherland at epccs.com
Sun Feb 4 22:28:55 MST 2007

I have 2 windoze and 3 Linux on my home network, they've not changed in
about 2 years so a lot of rust... all my samba servers and windoze have
the same workgroup name. I also have the address and name in the host
file. When I nuke the host file they see each other with smb (although
not with web browser, ping, or ilk), so I guess that is what you want.
When I change the workgroup name on one I can't get to it form a samba
machine (smb:/), so I'm thinking that is what you got. Check for a typo
on that Win-3 machine under the workgroup name.