[Tfug] Windows desktop visual development tool

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 26 22:06:42 MST 2007

 Hi Everyone,
  I'm posting this to multiple list so some of you might see this again.
  I'm looking for a Windows desktop visual development tool to do stuff like:
   1) scrape website content
2) pass through CAPTCHA  challenges
3) would like a light weight database
  I might actually use it for other things as well, just not sure yet what else I might need it for.
  A friend uses Delphi and recommended that.  I'm not sure I need to do Windows API calls, however one never knows.
  Not interested in a whole windows suite, however maybe I could use VCC.  Only concern is I might get sucked into Dot Net..... Then five years from now I wake up clean shaven and wearing a tie and wondering how it all got this way.....
  As I write this I'm thinking C++ might be the natural selection because it will allow me to build skills that I can transfer to Linux if I ever decide to do any Linux Programming.
  Any ideas or pointers are much appreciated.
  Keith

Keith Smith
(480) 584-4772
PHP Programming