[Tfug] different window manager ubuntu

Earl earljviolet at juno.com
Tue Dec 25 20:35:01 MST 2007

And Ubuntu bypasses .xinitrc too.  If you use fvwm there are ways to get around that.  FVWM makes Ubuntu into a nice distro.

Earl
"God made man, Sam Colt made men equal."
"The fates guide him who will, him who won't they drag" Spengler
"I want to change the world but they won't give me the source code" Unknown Linux Geek

-- "christopher floess" <skeptikos at gmail.com> wrote:
Hey, I'm trying to figure out how to set a different window
manager in xubuntu 6.06. Any ideas? I come FreeBSD
and there I just edited .xinitrc.

Unfortunately, I don't have that file in my home directory.
I assume this has something to do with the fact that
the display manager starts before you log in, but I wasn't
able to find the file.

~ Chris

--
Fuck it, Dude. Let's go Bowling.