[Tfug] Computer history museum

Louis Taber ltaber at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 16:06:14 MST 2007

Hi All,

I have been to the Computer History Museum twice now.  I expect to go again
in January.  The exhibit area is too small for their actual collection, but
it does have parts and pieces of quite a few systems.  Some that I even had
a work "relationship" with, though often not a close one -- IBM 360 series
(used at IBM), Cray 1 (used a DG Eclipse used to control it at Los Alamos
from Livermore), S1 (a job interview), SAGE (a tour at Luke AFB).  Lots of
other stuff.  If you are in the area it is worth walking through.  Check the
hours before you go.  Current hours:
*
**Visitor Hours:*
Wednesday, Friday & Sunday: 1:00 to 4:00 pm
Saturday: 11:00 am to 5:00 pm

  - Louis