[Tfug] DynDNS howto

daniel galaska galaskadaniel at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 26 02:11:22 MST 2007

hi predrag --

i think that port forwarding is something that you set
up on the router
-- i.e. set your router to forward port 80 requests to
a specific
machine behind the router. i have been trying to make
my home computer
accessible remotely via ssh and have forwarded that
port to the static
ip address of the home machine.

i'm certainly no expert, but hope that this helps.

cheers.

-- daniel

Predrag Punosevac wrote:
> Hey Matt,
> How do I do that? Do I have to edit
/usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf

wrote:

>> Did you set up port forwarding on your wireless
router? You'll need to
>> forward external port 80 to the internal IP address
of the machine

<punosevac72 at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Dear ALL,
>>> I am trying to set up http server (Apache) and my
own mail server
>>> (sendmail) on my FreeBSD box.
>>> Since I have no fix AP address nor real domain
name
>>> I decided get the domain name from DynDNS which
does (virtual hosting)
>>> I had no problems configuring Apache 1.3 (I
intensionally did not want
on http://localhost

>>> However when I try to enter my web site from
outside I am getting my
>>> DSL modem output. I use Quest as IP provider.
>>>
>>> It seems to me that I am not getting past modem
and my wireless
>>> router. Does anyone has a similar set up. Could
you tell me how can I