[Tfug] Contents of tfug digest...

Charles R. Kiss charles at kissbrothers.com
Tue Aug 21 14:11:02 MST 2007

Hi,

How's Tucson?  Is it hot there?

Am I allowed to post queries [plural] here about running bash on Macbook
with fink (so i can download and install .deb files using apt) even
though the unix on the Macbook is definitely not free (to me, that is)?

I'm trying to get gcl to work (so I can install Maxima) but it seems
./configuration in bash can't find a needed library that I find in /sw/.

Here's one query. How can I verify which libraries are being checked
during the ./configuration process and how could I set/export the
additional $PATHnames to search, if necessary?

I also want to check and/or set the includes directories pathnames.

TIA,
charles