[Tfug] Ubuntu 7-04, firefox

Claude Rubinson rubinson at u.arizona.edu
Sun Aug 19 17:18:25 MST 2007

On Sat, Aug 18, 2007 at 10:25:04PM -0700, Jude Nelson wrote:
> and Elive because it is EXTREMELY polished (uses a UI unlike any
> I've ever seen; it claims to use a modified svn build of
> Enlightenment), and it's INCREDIBLE) and based on Debian.  I'll have
> to bring a livecd of Elive to the next meeting; it's well worth
> seeing.

E17 (the windowing environment of ELive) really is beautiful.  It's
really a shame for the rest of us that the E developers use it more as
a dev playground rather than actively aiming toward a functional
release.  (E16 remains one of the most beautiful WMs out there, even
today.)

Elive is simple enough to download and play with but, also, I seem to
recall that there are some videos of E17 floating somewhere on the
web, if you're just interested in seeing some of its functionality.

Claude