[Tfug] (no subject)

Terence Rudkin trudkin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 20:52:58 MST 2007

I have setup windows running in vmware to run as a seamless
application. The Windows task bar is at the bottom of the screen and
the Linux task bar is at the top. A screenshot at:
 http://www.siliconsilverphotography.com/Gallery/Screenshot.png

This runs fine except for modal dialog, and have since discovered
cygwin and cmd.exe.   When some modal dialog pops up they are not
accessible, as in not seen on the screen or if visible not clickable.
As for cygwin it starts up and it is seen in task bar but not on the
desktop.  The I can type in it something like
cat > foo
bar
^d
and see foo from an explore window.   For the modal dialogs I can do
xill of the session and restart.  the dialog is dismissed and windoze
is where running as expected.

Some background on what I did.  I have a vmware image that I can run
from the vmplayer.  I run it by starting a vnc server session with the
xstartup having
<.vnc/xstartup>
xsetroot -solid grey
vmplayer  /opt/vmware/Windows\ XP\ Professional/Windows\ XP\ Professional.vmx &
twm &
</.vnc/xstartup>

I start the vnc win
vncserver :1

In the windows I have installed c:\seamlessrdp\seamlessrdpshell.exe

I then invoke the seamless desktop with using rdesktop 1.5
$> rdesktop -rsound -A -s "c:\\seamlessrdp\\seamlessrdpshell.exe
C:\\Windows\\explorer.exe" 10.1.1.1:3389 -u user -p password

Anyone have any thought on where to look or what to do to resolve
these inaccessible windows.

BTW when I access the windows with
vcviewer :1
all can be seen.