[Tfug] Jobs

Ronald Sutherland rsutherland at epccs.com
Fri Aug 10 18:18:35 MST 2007

I had a difficult time paying for UofA, and about the only thing I found
that made it possible was a summer job at a local copper mine. I drove
haul trucks, did gate guard duty, and worked in the electric shop as
needed (regular workers were on vacation and so on...). At the time
Asarco had a summer help program for students, and it nearly payed the
bills (UofA and all). I would also advise looking for such programs from
other company's, that are more into software stuff (Modular Mining at
mmsi.com, and there are many others). Look at an industry, think if they
have computer or automation needs, then look for who is servicing those
needs, and see if they have summer or part time positions (or what not).

On the other had, you can reduce your cost of living, i.e. live out of a
travel trailer (I've done that also).

Once you get sucked into the corporate universe, its a lot like death,
and very difficult to undue.