[Tfug] FS: Etymotic ER-6i Earphones (Black) -- $60

Matt Jacob matt.jacob at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 11:25:49 MST 2007

Up for sale are some Etymotic ER-6i earphones in the ever-popular
color of black. I bought these in the beginning of April, but I
personally just can't get used to wearing in-ear headphones (it's just
too much of a deviation for me after wearing huge studio monitoring
headphones for the past 6 years). Subjectively, they do provide clear,
detailed sound. Objectively, you can get the frequency response curve
from Etymotic's site. ;-)

Obviously, you're probably thinking that it'd be gross to buy used
in-ear headphones, but it's not really that big of a deal. You can
replace the eartips completely if you want (5 pairs will only set you
back $14), or you can do as Etymotic recommends and just clean them
with soapy water. I'd be happy to clean them for you with soapy water
and then swab them down with rubbing alcohol just to be sure.

The sound isolation is really nice. These work as expected on planes
and in noisy offices, blocking out nearly all ambient noise. I had no
problems driving them with my iPod nano, and in fact, they're
specifically made for portable music players (they have only 16 Ohms
of impedance). Trust me, they were plenty loud even with the volume at
about 40%.

I'm asking $60 for these (MSRP is $149.99 and Amazon has them for
$79.99). Here's what you'll get:

* Etymotic ER-6i earphones
* Carrying pouch
* Shirt clip
* Smartwrap cord manager (purchased separately for about $5)
* 3 eartips in different sizes + foam eartips

Links:
http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/er6i.aspx
http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/er6i-acc.aspx