[Tfug] Our website

George Cohn gwcohn at simplybits.net
Tue Apr 24 21:27:15 MST 2007

Rich wrote:
> On Apr 24, 2007, at 2:13 pm, William Stott wrote:
>

>>Integrating a wiki of some sort sounds great, but I would prefer
>>something like a knowledge base, or at least a wiki that could only
>>be edited / approved by certain users.
>

> fyi: MediaWiki and others can require users to log in before editing.

I'm working with some other folks on a couple of MediaWiki installations
right now.

Not only can you require registration to edit, you can also require that
registration be approved by an administrator.

If you were to allow mortals to register and edit, you can throw one of
those random graphics programs in to keep bots from registering.

Documentation on most of the wiki software sucks.  Even MediaWiki is not
documented very well.

George Cohn