[Tfug] Our website

Ronald Sutherland rsutherland at epccs.com
Tue Apr 24 19:22:36 MST 2007

Rich wrote:
> On Apr 24, 2007, at 2:13 pm, William Stott wrote:
>

>> Integrating a wiki of some sort sounds great, but I would prefer
>> something like a knowledge base, or at least a wiki that could only
>> be edited / approved by certain users.
>>

> fyi: MediaWiki and others can require users to log in before editing.
>
> It'd be nice to see a wiki built on cvs (if anyone knows of any...),
> which would imply a structure of elite article maintainers overseeing
> submissions by the unwashed.
> R.

SVN is good also, the unwashed can check into /trunk and the elite could
move what they like into /tags. I don't know of a wiki doing that but
it's more or less what I'm doing at work and home (less the elite part.
I'm way to unwashed to count as elite), and BTW I put my OO spreadsheet
of checkbook into version management which is prof I'm a geek (laptops,
PDA's and cell phone are no longer even an indicator).