[Tfug] MOBO NIC

Jim Secan jim at nwra.com
Thu Apr 5 12:20:24 MST 2007

Problem solved.  Was finally able to get on the CENTOS site and found a
note that the LAN chipset on this MOBO (and perhaps on others) gets left in
an unworkable state if you were running Windows on the system prior to the
install.  You have to power off the system AND remove the power cord (a
restart or warm reboot won't work).  On power up, my LAN connection worked.
 I guess the lesson learned is to power down and unplug any system that had
Windows on it prior to doing an install.

Jim
| Jim Secan           | Northwest Research Assoc, Inc |
| (jim at nwra.com)      | 2455 E. Speedway, Suite 204   |
| (520) 319-7773      | Tucson, Arizona 85719         |