[Tfug] CPU Query

Jim Secan jim at nwra.com
Tue Apr 3 07:01:12 MST 2007

At 12:11 AM 4/3/2007 -0700, Brian wrote:
>Finally, since you can split your job, consider if you can run 2
>instances on your dual core system to further reduce your run time.

This is what I'm going to try if I get a 2X.  I doubt I can get double the
throughput, but even if I get only a 50% gain it's worth it (1/4 of 260h
gains me 65h, if the processors don't melt on day 5).

Thanks to everyone for all the various suggestions.

Jim
| Jim Secan           | Northwest Research Assoc, Inc |
| (jim at nwra.com)      | 2455 E. Speedway, Suite 204   |
| (520) 319-7773      | Tucson, Arizona 85719         |