[Tfug] Thank goodness for Bill Gates!

Bowie J. Poag bpoag at comcast.net
Tue Sep 26 21:35:50 MST 2006

You know, i'm not sure. Feral or not, they're still a formidable threat.

I would imagine that any bobcat behind the wheel/stick/yoke of a
hovercraft is either angry, or frightened. The way I picture it, the
"angry" version sort of knows in a weird non-human but feline way that
what it's doing amounts to an act of agression, and as such, is capable
of guiding or controlling the hovercraft albeit in a haphazard manner,
guiding it toward it's target--my home.. You know, bouncing off of trees
and stuff, hissing and meowing, but still capable of minimal control. In
the other version, the bobcat is totally freaked out since it's totally
out of it's element. To a bobcat, there's nothing natural about a
neighborhood, or homes, a hovercraft, or controls..So, it's just
flailing around on the controls, hissing, meowing, and randomly hitting
things and turning in different directions..including toward my house,
up onto my lawn and hitting my house.

I think we have stumbled upon one of the most frightening "feral animal
+ special-purpose vehicle" scenarios we are likely to ever encounter.
I've thought about it....Bear + Blimp, Walrus + Ornithopter, even Bruin
+ Space Shuttle.....but nothing terrifies me more than Bobcat +
Hovercraft. Nothing.

Have the FreeBSD folks ever had to deal with this scenario? :)

Cheers,
Bowie