[Tfug] autofs ldap and tls

Peter Merritt pwmerritt at weirdwater.org
Sun Sep 24 19:07:11 MST 2006

I have setup kerberos + ldap to do authentication on my local network,
working toward the day when I can eliminate my active directory setup.
I'm using it in conjunction with nfsv4/kerberos. I have all the clients
using tls to encrypt the the ldap conversations  with the exception of
automounting. I just can't get it to use tls, I was under the impression
that autofs just uses nss. I searched on this but found very little
info, basically on ancient reference to autofs not working with tls. Any
insight on this would be appreciated, and if it's just not possible got
any ideas for work arounds. The only choice I can see now is stunnel to
wrap ldap, but this adds more complexity. Thanks In advance.
                                                              Peter