[Tfug] Audio/Video woes

Stephen Hooper stephen.hooper at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 18:58:11 MST 2006

Upgrading your distribution to fix a video problem?  Try Gentoo: video
just worked for me on this beastie as well.  Of course, I had it
compile everything, but what the hey!  ( I am actually an avid Gentoo
user, and that was not meant to be self deprecating).

Google Fedora, and mp3, and you will probably see the problem:

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/html_single/Fedora-Multimedia-Installation-HOWTO/

I know it depends on your interest, but something always "just works"
in another distribution.  I will assume that as you have taken the
time to try Linux, you are willing to explore.

This is a good group, and you do have to appreciate the enthusiasm
(someone will now probably tell you to buy a Macintosh), but I would
always suggest you google these things beforehand:  if you are smart,
you can improve yourself a little, and at the same time avoid having
people blurt out the first thing that came to mind.

Ubuntu is probably awesome, but Linux doesn't like a quitter.