[Tfug] Dell Laptop & Thermal Shutdowns

Bill M. beelymagee at cox.net
Wed Sep 20 01:06:22 MST 2006

Many thanks to both Don (Bexley Hall) and Chris (Christopher Robbins)
for your very informative feedback. Looks like I'll be doing a very,
very careful dismantle of the laptop face/keyboard to check out the
heatsink.
I've really tried to baby this laptop--quite an expense but I've really
enjoyed using it these past few years. Still feels very responsive to me
and I hope to continue using it for a few more years.
Again, thanks for the feedback and suggestions. I'll keep the list
informed about my investigations and outcomes.
One thing: thermal grease is "elephant c*m"? The imagery that
accompanies that is, ummm, disturbing... Thanks for that...

-*-Bill