[Tfug] tfug's traffic too much

Benjamin Krein superbenk at superk.org
Wed Sep 20 04:24:29 MST 2006

Perhaps you should consider doing what I do and setup a filter that
sorts TFUG mail into an IMAP folder seperate from my Inbox.  Then either
1) read it or 2) delete your backlog and just keep up with the current
stuff.  There are always the archives if you need to go back in time.

I'd also highly recommend finding & using an email client that supports
searching through mail & dynamic filtering (what mail client doesn't
these days?).  Then you can filter out all mail that matches whatever
criteria you want to query for and only see what you need.

Finally, I'd suggest looking into a mail client that will do discussion
threading (ie, organizing similar subject lines in a hierarchical manner
so you only see  the  parent post  until you expand the thread(s).

I use Thunderbird, Evolution, and sometimes Kmail which all do these
things very well.  If you're hardcore, I believe mutt does all this as
well (I haven't gotten around to setting it up yet).

Benjamin Krein
www.superk.org