[Tfug] OT: Fixing a sticky keyboard

Stephen Hooper stephen.hooper at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 13:48:13 MST 2006

Whenever I get keyboards into a state like this, I just disassemble
them, and then wash them.

I use soap, water, and, if I feel real bad about something go over the
offended parts with an old toothbrush.

It is time consuming, but I haven't had one yet (wireless, or wired)
not work:  inside they are all pretty simple.

The thing to be careful of is the mechanical pieces, which are
sometimes quite intricate.  If you have poor eyesight, and your
keyboard has springs, I probably wouldn't try it.

In the future, you should probably switch to diet.  You will have all
the fun of seizures, and nerve damage; while losing weight, thinking
about how you could submerge your electronics in what you are imbibing
without fear of stickiness.