[Tfug] OT: Fixing a sticky keyboard

johngalt johngalt1 at uswest.net
Sun Sep 17 15:32:47 MST 2006

From: "Angus Scott-Fleming" <angussf at geoapps.com>
> On 16 Sep 2006 at 11:09, Louis Taber  wrote:
>
>> Several years ago I was doing some work at Intelligent Instrumentation
>> Incorporated, a Burr Brown spin off.  After any local fabrication, the PC
>> boards were cleaned using de-ionized water.  If you are going to dunk
>> electronics in water, I would suggest de-ionized water if you can get it,
>> then distilled water, but preferably not drinking water or tap water.  -
>> Louis
>
> True, Tucson tap water BEFORE it was contaminated with CAP had a very high
> TDS
> - 3000 (I think) compared to 'normal' TDS of 300 or so for typical US tap
> water.

3000 ppm? As I recall, one of the complaints over using CAP water was that
disolved minerals were higher in it than groundwater. That's why Tucson
water is trying to "blend" CAP water with groundwater to slowly raise the
TDS over time.

Go here
http://www.tucsonaz.gov/water/neighborhood_wq.htm

if you look at outlying areas that still use groundwater only like Corona de
Tucson, you see that TDS is no where that high. whatever