[Tfug] Automatic Update?

Brian Masur bcmasur at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 19 06:15:55 MST 2006

Hi Harry, TFUG,
Since I didn't see anyone else mention it yet...
Gentoo also has logrotate as a package.
If another distro does not you can install it yourself, and like you were
saying..
Why reinvent the wheel?  I've used logrotate for making backups, not just
logs.
Anyone interested might google logrotate to find the origins.
I wonder how many linux "fiddlers" out there have tried to write this on
their own without knowing it has already been written.
Smile...
Brian