[Tfug] picking up where you left off

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 16 12:04:29 MST 2006

netscape used to have a download utility like that.  I did a quick search but did not findit.  I think firefox may have something like that built in.

erich <erich1 at copper.net> wrote:    I want to download a CD image. Unfortuntely I only have dialup,
and CD images typically take longer to download than the 4-hour
session time usually afforded  by dialup.

   I once herd of a utility that would somhow monitor the file transfer
process and "bookmark" the partial complete point.

   I know this is technically feasable under Gentoo's emerge -f. If
emerge is cut off in a file fetch process, it will simply pick up
at the cutoff point. Unfortunately, emerge is not good at fetching
CD images.

Tucson Free Unix Group - tfug at tfug.org
Subscription Options:

Keith Smith