[Tfug] picking up where you left off

erich erich1 at copper.net
Sat Sep 16 11:37:34 MST 2006

   I want to download a CD image. Unfortuntely I only have dialup,
and CD images typically take longer to download than the 4-hour
session time usually afforded  by dialup.

   I once herd of a utility that would somhow monitor the file transfer
process and "bookmark" the partial complete point.

   I know this is technically feasable under Gentoo's emerge -f. If
emerge is cut off in a file fetch process, it will simply pick up
at the cutoff point. Unfortunately, emerge is not good at fetching
CD images.