[Tfug] Automatic Update?

Jim Secan jim at nwra.com
Fri Sep 15 07:07:38 MST 2006

The logwatch output on both of my FC3 systems indicated that yum updated
(installed is more likely) pyOpenSSL yesterday to
pyOpenSSL.0.6-1.p23.1.fc3, a package last updated on the Fedora Legacy site
in Oct 2004.  Problem is, I didn't do this and I don't believe I have
anything set up for automatic updates.  The yum logs show no activity in
months, and I can't find any other log showing any sort of update action.
This has not happened before, and I don't know whether to be concerned
about it or not.  Nothing else has been installed or update on this machine
in months.  Is there some package that can suddenly decide it needs this
package and then download and install it without warning?

TIA
Jim
| Jim Secan           | Northwest Research Assoc, Inc |
| (jim at nwra.com)      | 2455 E. Speedway, Suite 204   |
| (520) 319-7773      | Tucson, Arizona 85719         |