[Tfug] why not cable?

Ammon Lauritzen ammon at simud.org
Wed Sep 13 10:11:41 MST 2006

RushD wrote:
> I have Hughes Satellite, which used to be DirecWay Satellite. It
> originally cost $99 /month for 15 months with $200 installation
> charge. It is now $59. I've had it for about 2 years now and it is
> ok. I have no copper POT connection so DSL or even cable are out of
> the question, I am out in 3 Points, pretty remote.

For $60/mo at 14kbps... It'd be faster to get four extra phone lines and
do some dialup connection bonding or something. Not terribly feasable,
but danged if it wouldn't increase your geek cred for figuring something
like that out :P

Is there any other wireless type access available in your area?

Ammon