[Tfug] Dakotacom T1 opinions?

James mylists2004 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 17:47:29 MST 2006

Brian,

Cable wasn't an option for us. Our buildings aren't wired for it. Besides,
I'm not a big fan of cable coupling. It's a nice technology, but in my
experience uplinks aren't (yet) as reliable as dedicated T1's.  I also had
some concerns about sharing the cable service with thy neighbors. Finally,
super fast download bursts are pretty cool, but with mission critical
servers it's often more important to have dedicated and guaranteed upload
link.