[Tfug] why not cable?

Shawn Nock nock at email.arizona.edu
Tue Sep 12 07:53:00 MST 2006

Brian Masur wrote:
> Is Cox Premier business or consumer?  Their business accounts shouldn't be
> port filtered... (80, 21, 25, etc. etc.)

Cox Premier in consumer, hence the port filtering (I haven't received
the speed upping letter yet...). My preferred smtp server speaks SSL on
port 465 and I can VPN to campus or work for any other needs.

The only thing it's not useful for is running common servers... but
really co-locating or virtual servers are so much more cost-effective,
reliable, and easy that it is hard to imagine why you'd want to serve
from home.

My $0.02: Cable is great,
Shawn