[Tfug] Whats the biggest, most powerful/expensive system you have under your care?

Brian Murphy murphy+tfug at email.arizona.edu
Sat Sep 2 11:58:13 MST 2006

Quoting "Bowie J. Poag" <bpoag at comcast.net>:
> Whats the biggest, most powerful/expensive system you have under your care?
>
> Currently, the biggest monster we have in production is a database
> server.. for a very, very big database. You're probably in it.  :)
>
> It's part of 2-node HACMP cluster. Each node in the cluster is a 4-way
> SMP RS/6000 box (8-way logical w/ AIX 5.3, yaaay) w/ 12GB RAM, dual 2Gb
> FibreChannel HBAs connected up to not one but two Sharks (Big f'ing
> piles of massively redundant high-speed storage, about 10TB total)..

8-CPU 24GB RAM? lol

Very "Bowie" post but I'll bite:

HP/Compaq Alpha GS1280 cluster
256 CPUs
320 GB RAM
12 TB Fibre Channel SAN

It's near its end of life.  We're in the process of getting something
newer/faster. ;)

Brian

The opinions or statements expressed herein are my own and should not be
taken as a position, opinion, or endorsement of the University of
Arizona.