[Tfug] Whats the biggest, most powerful/expensive system you have under your care?

Steven Bowers steveb7 at bblabs.net
Fri Sep 1 23:01:44 MST 2006

A few years ago I managed a machine for a friend of mine. Several
thousand at the time and near top-of-the line.

2.0Ghz P4
1GB RDRAM
2xU160, 10K, SCSI drives
SCSI CDRW
SCSI DVD-ROM
PCI card with 2GB RAM

He did a lot of database work and used the PCI card as a RAM drive (it
was some sort of specialty card designed just for that purpose). Between
the CPU, RDRAM, SCSI drives and that specialty card he was manipulating
databases very, very quickly! Unfortunately it did not process my check
nearly as fast <lol>!