[Tfug] tfug.org question

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 1 10:46:43 MST 2006

I see it as an addition.

Articles can be placed in directories with the index being dynamically created with a list of common articles.

Adrian <choprboy at dakotacom.net> wrote: On Friday 01 September 2006 09:53, keith smith wrote:
> Google show 14 inbound links.  A PR of 5 w/14 inbound links is good.
[snip]
> Interesting ..... I've been on this list since 99 or so.  One common theme
has been no structure...... would be funny if the Tfug website became a
profit center.  Kinda ironic.

> The good thing would be those who submit articles could become the expert
and would get a link back to their site.  This is what the Internet is all
about COMMUNITY.

> I would be interested in building some infrastructure to make it happen.
>
> Thoughts?

Actually... I am not at all supprised by the fairly good pagerank for the TFUG
site, though I believe that it is entirely based on the list archive
(i.e. ... there really isn't any "good" content elsewere on the site). As has
been said before (search back for the using Google thread), TFUG has always
had a wide range of interests and people with knowledge of diverse things.
This diversity has meant that many times a Google search for something
obscure will end up leading right back to a discussion already hashed in the
archive list.

Redesigning the TFUG website has been discussed before (many times infact),
but to date has not gone much of anywhere as of yet as no one has stepped up
to develop an outline and then actually write code. Adding member submitted
articles, I believe, has been pretty much universally thought to be a "good
idea" along with a site redesign of some sort, which has yet to be defined.
What seems to be lacking is a structure, that is, a dungeon master to whip
the rest of us back to work... Us meager assorted roustabouts, vagabonds,
serfs, slaves, peons, and lackeys like the disorder that exists in our
dungeon.

Adrian

Tucson Free Unix Group - tfug at tfug.org
Subscription Options: