[Tfug] Partition Second Drive

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 29 16:27:24 MST 2006

Hi, Joe,

[grrr... this only just now arrived in my mailbox.
I suspect this yahoo account is hosed.  I should
find an alternate host!]

--- Joe Blais <joe.blais at pti-instruments.com> wrote:

> I think only primary partitions can boot
> And usually if you do any partitioning, anything in
> those partitions that were changed is lost
> I think things like Partition Magic are supposed to
> move stuff around so you
> can save what is in a partition but I don't know

PM will, indeed, let you tinker with partitions
in ways that FDISK, et al. can't imagine.  I just
used an old copy of PM to grow a 2G FAT32 parition
(which was created from a 2G FAT16 partition) to
an 8G partition.  All without losing the contents of
that partition.

Unfortnately, the version of PM that I have won't
grow to anything *larger* than 8G  :-/

Backup partitions before dicking with them!  :>

--don