[Tfug] SCSI cable adapter

Adrian choprboy at dakotacom.net
Sat Oct 28 11:25:46 MST 2006

On Saturday 28 October 2006 11:06, Bexley Hall wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering if a certain type of SCSI cable
> adapter exists:
>
> One side needs to be DB25S (female) and the other
> side needs to be HD50P (male).
>
> I.e. I have a PCMCIA SCSI card that terminates in
> a DB25P (male).  I want to plug this into a
> standard HD50S SCSI peripheral (what many folks call
> "SCSI 2" to differentiate it from the Centronics50
> used on older SCSI cables).
>
> I *think* I can hack together a workaround using
> a similar adapter -- but it has the wrong gender
> SCSI connector on it.  I.e. it has DB25S on one
> end and HD50S on the other.  So, to use it, I
> would have to connect it's HD50S to the peripheral's
> HD50S using a standard male-male HD50 cable.
> (I guess this is probably how it is *expected*
> to be used  :<  I just don't want to put an
> EXTRA pair of connectors in the overall cable).

Hmmm... My first thought was to go the other way, a HD50P<->DB25P with a
DB25S<->DB25S gender bender. I "might" have the gender bender in my box of
parts from a cable I had to hacked together a few years ago. If not, you can
probably pick up the gender bender over at SWS... They have a Wall-O-Cables.

Adrian