[Tfug] SCSI cable adapter

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 28 11:06:11 MST 2006

Hi,

I'm wondering if a certain type of SCSI cable
adapter exists:

One side needs to be DB25S (female) and the other
side needs to be HD50P (male).

I.e. I have a PCMCIA SCSI card that terminates in
a DB25P (male).  I want to plug this into a
standard HD50S SCSI peripheral (what many folks call
"SCSI 2" to differentiate it from the Centronics50
used on older SCSI cables).

I *think* I can hack together a workaround using
a similar adapter -- but it has the wrong gender
SCSI connector on it.  I.e. it has DB25S on one
end and HD50S on the other.  So, to use it, I
would have to connect it's HD50S to the peripheral's
HD50S using a standard male-male HD50 cable.
(I guess this is probably how it is *expected*
to be used  :<  I just don't want to put an
EXTRA pair of connectors in the overall cable).

<grrr> Why the hell can't things standardize on
*one* connector?  :<

Thanks!
--don