[Tfug] OT: Structured media centers

Adrian choprboy at dakotacom.net
Fri Oct 27 00:47:53 MST 2006

Subject says it all. Anyone have experience with media enclosures they are
happy with? I am in the middle of rewiring my house and have been looking
around for something to go in a small closet space, but have been rather
disappointed with the available options. Mostly what I see is the Leviton 14"
or 28", but the modules are 1) very expensive for what they are, and 2)
rather small port-wise. I am seeing ~$100 for an empty panel, plus ~$35-40
per each 6port (!) voice or data patch panel... Figuring I have 14 TD drops,
6 dual cable drops, and 2 sets of incoming lines... that's atleast 8 modules.

I am considering just putting in a blank patch panel up on the wall and
filling it wih different keystones or having something custom made up for
cross-connecting.

Adrian