[Tfug] Partition Second Drive

DON KIERZEK donkzk at msn.com
Wed Oct 25 09:17:09 MST 2006

Thanks for your suggestion, Joe.  I'm not familiar with virtual PC's so I
tried partitioning with YaST and apparently did something wrong because when
I went to copy directories I could not open the Konsole or get back into
YaST.  Oh well!  Rebooted and could not boot to either windows partition and
could only get text mode in Linux.  Was unable to do anything so I got my
Suse DVD out and tried the Update and Rescue options and couldn't accomplish
anything there either.  I'd apparently done something to corrupt GRUB.  I
did a new install and partitioned the new drive and have my Suse 9.2 on the
second drive and the old version with all my files still accessible on the
old drive and can also access windows.  So far, it seems to work (fingers
cxrossed)

In regard to your comment about a limit of 4 partitions, that only applies
to primary partitions and that is the limit but it is possible to put 50 or
more logical partitions on an extended partition.

Thanks again.