[Tfug] LISP texts

Claude Rubinson rubinson at u.arizona.edu
Fri Oct 20 22:27:10 MST 2006

On Fri, Oct 20, 2006 at 09:07:23PM -0700, Bexley Hall wrote:
> Friedman, Daniel P & Felleisen, Matthias (note two T's there!) _The
> Little LISPer_

_The Little LISPer_ is great.  I think that it may have been replaced
by _The Little Schemer_.  In either case, I'm almost certain that it's
still available from Amazon.

SICP is a classic but somewhat heavy (and, if I recall correctly,
expensive).  Another option is Chassell's _An Introduction to Emacs
Lisp_ which is very accessible, free from the FSF.  Obviously, it's
directed toward Emacs but it's still lisp.

Claude