[Tfug] Book: Learning Python

Claude Rubinson rubinson at u.arizona.edu
Tue Oct 10 13:15:19 MST 2006

On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 05:55:29PM +0000, Earl wrote:
> Has anyone used the O'Reilly book, "Learning Python"? What did you
> think of it? Any other recommendations?

An email reviewing the Python books that I've liked and not liked to
this list.  A little Googling and you should find it.  Incidentally, I
believe that I still have the first edition of Learning Python, if you
want it.  It's pretty dated by now (I think it covers 1.5), so it
won't give you current best practices (one of the big changes is that
Python implements object-oriented programming much better now) but, on
the other hand, it's free.

C.