[Tfug] Server purchase

Claude Rubinson rubinson at u.arizona.edu
Mon Oct 9 12:31:12 MST 2006

I'm looking to order a file server and am looking for recommendations
for vendors.  Primarily, I'm looking for good customer service,
someone who has experience building machines that will be running
Linux, and will be willing to work with me even though I'm a grad
student who's looking to keep costs relatively low.  (For what it's
worth, the server will primarily be acting as a remote backup, so I'm
looking for good drive reliability---I'll be running software
raid5---but don't care about speed and RAM, which is where I'll be
looking to cut costs.)

Thanks!

Claude