[Tfug] Microsoft Security Update

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 7 14:18:49 MST 2006

--- Adrian <choprboy at dakotacom.net> wrote:

> On Saturday 07 October 2006 12:14, Neil Short wrote:
> > Hey everybody! I just got an email with a nifty
> > Microsoft Security update attached. It's only 105k
> and
> > it purports to patch "all known security
> > vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS
> > Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three
> newly
> > discovered vulnerabilities."
> >
> > I can't use it as I don't run winD'OH!s but if
> anybody
> > out there can use it, I'll be glad to pass it
> along.
> >

> Just beware of the dreaded *nix email virus... It is
> email client agnostic,
> works across all variants of *nix and OSX, requires
> minimal user interaction
> (merely reading it), and causes the deletion of your
> personal files at
> random... Damn, I must have been burnt atleast a
> half a dozen times by that by now...

Isn't there also one that infects Ouija boards?
And contacts all of your dead/departed loved ones to
get the names of all of your contacts (email, snail
mail, female and otherwise!) to which it transports
itself via the ether for subsequent infection?

Apparently, nothing short of an exorcism can purge
it from an infected board...