[Tfug] XFCE 4.2 Borderless Windows

Bill M. beelymagee at cox.net
Sat Oct 7 09:47:46 MST 2006

Hey all,
  Weird problem with XFCE 4.2 on my laptop running SuSE 10.0. I
downloaded the Distro neutral installer-bin file (from OSmosis), it does
its compile and runs the installer interface - everything goes OK.
  I launch XFCE and all application windows are borderless - no menu
bar, no window controls (close, maximize, minimize, etc.) Odd behavior.
I've looked at XFCE's site and a couple of mentions that no one has
found a resolution for the issue. XFCE is sweet - I'd like to use it.
  I'd like to use the installer to do an un-install of this XFCE, and
then see if there is a resolution to the problem in a later version (I
think there is almost a 4.4 release version in the works.) Would I be
better off not using the OSMosis installer and simply getting the
tarball and compiling or getting SuSE RPMs?
  Thanks in advance for your help.

-*-Bill