[Tfug] Religious crap

George Cohn gwcohn at simplybits.net
Fri Oct 6 08:21:24 MST 2006

From: Judd Pickell

> I still don't get why people ask to be removed from a list when every email
> provides them the means to remove themselves.

Seems to be a universal trait.  I admin a very busy car oriented list and get those all the time even, though we provide a footer that they can click on to be removed just as this list provides.

I think people just see those links all the time and mentally block them out.

My favorite is when someone replies to an entire digest and adds "remove me"! We take care of that by bouncing replies where a whole digest is quoted.

Somewhere I have a reply archived that involves hammers, prybars, and other assorted means to "remove me". ;-)

On a technical list, you would think folks would be more aware.

George Cohn