[Tfug] The NET

Stephen Hooper stephen.hooper at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 18:53:04 MST 2006

> Eh - good point.  There's not a whole lot you can garner from solely web
> browsing.   However,  if you add it all up (credit/debit card transactions,
> phone recrods, web browsing and the rest), you can get a pretty accurate
> picture of a person, IMHO.  What good that does the government remains to be
> seen...
>
> (I started this reply last night, and I just wrapped it up as I woke up.  I
> take some responsibility if it's totally senseless :) )

Yes.  The same way that it remains to be seen what good that
information does to the tribesmen of Upper Volta.

I could  put a rubber glove on my head, and walk around the
supermarket telling people that I am a representative of the Klingon
educational system, but that would serve me no purpose, and may in
fact harm me.

 That is probably the only reason I don't do that, even though I could.

Does that make it a valid argument to say: "Stephen will put a rubber
glove on his head, and walk around the supermarket telling people that
he is a reprensentative of the Klingon educational system, because it
remains to be seen what good that will do him?"