[Tfug] Byte Order

Jim Secan jim at nwra.com
Sat Nov 18 12:02:53 MST 2006

Actually, we have already gone through the VERY careful process of
byte-level copying these old tapes (over a hundred of them) onto CDs.
Each file on the CD is one tape file record in MAGSAV format.  I have a
code that reads these and breaks out the actual files just fine on a
Sun/Solaris system (ASCII ones, anyway), and I was trying to port this
code over to Intel/Linux.  Snoopying around with the od app on both
platforms showed me what was going on (byte-order differences) so I've
been able to get things working.  Some sign fiddling was needed (as noted
by others on this list), but things are working fine now.

And thanks to everyone for the input/suggestions.

Jim